Bright things for customer-obsessed brands wanting to thrive in a digital world.
Starbucks partnered with Spotify to empower baristas to influence customer experience
‘The Cheating Strategist’s guide to Mary Meeker’s Digital trends 2015’ has some good insight into mobile and digital trends and consumer behaviour. See the slideshare below:
I took part in a webinar last week on ‘digitising the customer experience in banking‘ with panel experts from Barclays, Santander, Lloyds and Cofax.
Watch the entire recorded webinar here, or read my highlights below:
- Put customers at the heart of the business and innovation will happen
- The majority of investment from banks in the next 5 years will go into mobile and apps
- Security and convenience are the two most important things for banking customers right now
- Banks need to become more agile. Currently they can’t move fast enough. 20:20 will be the threshold
- Innovation will focus on helping to build trust, and biometrics will be crucial
- Digital will be the key focus but most banks will also maintain face-to-face for more complex issues
- One of the key challenges of digital for banks is scaling at mass whilst being secure
- Another key challenge for banks is overhauling legacy systems. To avoid the huge costs associated with this, the focus is on overhauling legacy systems instead
- Increased consumer insight, reduced costs, better experience for a large section of demographics and personalisation are all seen as key opportunities for digital
- Customer feedback should evolve the digital strategy
- Barclays was the first bank in the UK to hire a chief digital officer
- Santander is currently evolving its culture to become more digitally friendly. Trust and having a strong sense of purpose is crucial to this shift.
A Smith, Santander ‘sometimes better to be 2nd to mkt, responding to a specific customer need and do it really well’ #digibanking15
— Neil Winkworth (@NWinky) June 2, 2015
Here’s a good little case study with 7 ways T-Mobile uses social media to provide awesome customer service.
Read the 7 takeaways here
Econsultancy’s crowdsourced blog post features @brightcultures – ‘How will digital marketing evolve in the next 10 years?’
BRIGHT EVENTS/ WEBINARS
Using Social Customer Collaboration to Promote Revenue Generating Engagement – The Premier Farnell Story [Webinar]
June 30th at 1pm (BST)
Using Social Media to Partner with your Customers. Hosted by Post Office [Conference]
June 30th at 8:30 – 11:30 am